Women

Posted: Monday, April 5, 2010 by Chris in
0

Over the years, I've come to realize that I completely DO NOT understand women. I don't know if this is all men (I'd like to think it is) or I'm just totally inept at picking up women. Anyway, I know I have some female readers so ladies, feel free to comment and shed some light on this one.

Dear girl I met in the bar on Friday,

So there's something I just don't get about what went down. I introduced myself and two of my friends to you and two of your friends. I singled you out as the one I thought was cutest and paid the most attention to you. We seemed to hit it off great, in fact, I think I even did everything right for once (asked a lot of questions about you, paid attention to all your answers, offered witty and interesting banter about said answers, didn't come on too strong etc.). So night went great, we went out to smoke and you said "Well I'm moving to Tempe (from Scottsdale), you said you were moving to Tempe, we should hang out." or something along those lines. I saw it as my in and asked for your number. You gave it to me and had me call you so you would have mine. Now here's where the issue starts. Why, then, when I sent you a text, did you not even bother to respond? Why waste all night talking to me, give me your number, then ignore me? It makes no god damn sense to me, woman! You could have just said "Fuck you douche face" right from the get go, or after talking to me and finding I was interesting but not enough to warrant further interaction, you could have refused the phone number. It's easy, just say "You know, it was nice to meet you but I just don't think we're right for each other." Something along those lines. I'm sensitive but I'm not that sensitive, I would have got over it. Now, I'm just rather annoyed that I got my hopes up for no reason (trust me, that sucks worse). I'm not going to rant about this any longer or say "fuck you" or anything like that because I'm not a bitter asshole. I just wish I understood your reasoning is all.

Sincerely,

Chris Goretcki

0 comments: